Just three months after officially launching the Dell EMC Partner Program, this week at the 2017 Dell EMC Global Partner Summit in Las Vegas, John Byrne, President, Dell EMC Global Channels, unveiled his vision for the Global Channels organization.
“Make no mistake: we have ambitions to be Number 1. We want to be the best and the biggest Channel player in our industry,” Byrne revealed. “And you want to know a secret? I know we’re going to do it.”
The Dell EMC Partner community is already putting points on the board and seeing impressive wins in its short time as a combined community, as evident in part from the multi-million dollar Partner wins Byrne spotlighted on the main stage.
“We promised you Simple. Predictable. And Profitable,” he reminded the audience. “But talk is cheap. Let’s see how we’re doing.”
Since February, the Dell EMC Partner Program has rolled out one, unified program, one Partner Portal, Rules of Engagement, simplified rebates, deal registration, and made an incremental $150 million investment in incentives, among other initiatives.
The Dell EMC Partner Program team continues to listen to and work with Partners, and new updates were announced on today’s GPS main stage – all designed to take cost and friction out of Partners’ selling motions, and make them even more successful.
- Infrastructure Incumbency Expansion to include Server and Networking in addition to Storage
- Based on historical look-back for revenue and deal registration
- Goes live May 22
- For Commercial Segment
- Client Incumbency
- Forward-looking on net-new business (new customers or new business on inactive accounts)
- Goes live May 22
- For Commercial Segment
- Virtustream Joins the Partner Program
- Partners now can sell Dell Technologies’ enterprise-class public cloud consumption with private cloud performance, availability and security… at scale
- Front-end margin, Tier credits, top rebate eligibility
- Effective immediately
- Flexible Consumption Models
- Cloud Flex for VxRail and XC Series
- Flex On Demand for all storage platforms
- Both models profit-share, give Tier credit, and are subject to Incumbency on commercial accounts
- Client as a Service
- Latest Dell PC hardware, peripherals, software
- Single price per seat, per month
- Coming soon
Dell also reminded Partners of Working Capital Solutions, the company’s offer of extended payment terms and increased credit capacity to enable Partners to grow their business faster. “Partners using Working Capital Solutions are growing at 24% premium versus Partners who aren’t,” Byrne revealed.
Some special guests joined the GPS stage, including Michael Dell, chairman and chief executive officer, Dell Technologies; Joyce Mullen, senior vice president and general manager, OEM and IoT Solutions, and Jay Snyder, senior vice president of Global Alliances, Service Providers and Industries.
Michael Dell: “The Channel Matters to Me Personally”
Dell Technologies’ chairman Michael Dell’s commitment to the Channel is well-documented. Dell joined Byrne on the GPS main stage, and spoke about the opportunity he sees for Partners.
“We have the strongest and broadest Partner community in the world,” Dell said. “There are enormous cross-selling opportunities across the full portfolio – those are opportunities to make meaningful impacts for our customers.”
Joyce Mullen: “Dell EMC is the #1 OEM Provider Worldwide”
Mullen shared the news with the standing-room-only crowd that Dell EMC is now the number one OEM provider worldwide.* “We didn’t get here alone,” Mullen said. “Dell EMC OEM Partners were critical in this accomplishment, and will play an enormous role in extending this lead in the future.”
Jay Snyder: Global Alliances Seizes the Opportunity with Alignment
Global Alliances and their Partners have already touched 20% of the Core Enterprise Dell EMC deals to-date, representing 50% of the Fortune 500 companies. Snyder said they’re just getting started.
With commitment from the highest levels of the company; alignment across the selling teams and rich incentives for service providers and strategic outsourcers, and the confidence to aggressively attack the market, Snyder said, “We’re poised to do phenomenal things in FY18 and beyond.”
“This opportunity that’s at our doorstep is once-in-a-lifetime. This Program is being built for you and with you,” Byrne said. “Your success matters. You matter. We’re a team. Let’s realize extraordinary together.”
- Stay connected: Subscribe here to the Partner Post Blog
- Join the #DellEMCWorld #GPS2017 conversation on Twitter with @DellEMCPartners and @DellEMCWorld
- Engage with the Dell EMC Partner Program leaders on social: @JohnByrneCSO, @JayBOD3, @JoyceatDell, @JimJDeFoe, @Tian_Beng_Ng, @AmbulosGregg, @CookCherylS and of course, yours truly:
- Tune into the Dell EMC World livestream, May 8-10
* Merchant Embedded OEM Global Share based on 2016 Dollar Volume Shipments, VDC Research