… And 3 things you can do RIGHT NOW to win more opportunities with the EMC All-Flash portfolio
Thanks to the more than 2,300 EMC Partners in attendance this year, EMC World and Global Partner Summit (GPS) 2016 were hugely successful. From exciting product announcements—including the new Unity product line—to engaging keynotes, our Partners saw first-hand how EMC’s cutting-edge Data Center Modernization strategies and All-Flash technologies will transform both the IT industry and our customers’ businesses.
An overwhelming number of EMC Partners attended our GPS 2016 breakout session, Modernize Without Compromise: Tap into the EMC All-Flash Portfolio.
If you were part of the enthusiastic #ModernDataCenter discussion with Mike Wing, EMC Senior Vice President of Primary Storage, we thank you! And, if you missed the session or couldn’t join us in Las Vegas, don’t worry—the conversation has just begun.
The heavily attended breakout session discussion centered around:
- The Modernize Without Compromise message
- Flash as a main pillar of the Modern Data Center
- Why EMC declared 2016 as the Year of All-Flash
Our customers tell us that they crave efficiency and blazing speed in their data centers; and, at the same time, must find ways to drive down ownership and operational costs. They’re also looking for agility—in the ability to deliver new services in a manner that’s as quick as Cloud.
EMC’s Modernize Without Compromise message includes a modern business model which consists of:
- A modern pricing approach
- All-inclusive software licensing
- Maintenance at 11% of the net purchase price per year
Mike Wing also discussed the importance of strategic inflection points—defined as turning points, or times of significant change in a strategic situation. Mike shared the following thoughts on strategic inflection points from Only the Paranoid Survive by Andy Grove, former Intel CEO.
Grove says, strategic inflection points:
- Can be DEADLY to an opportunity if not acknowledged and addressed
- Create opportunities for those players who are adept at operating in a new way
- Must be seized! The first mover—and only the first mover—has a true opportunity to gain time over his or her competitors; and a time advantage is the surest way to gain market share
Jack Rondoni, Brocade Vice President of Storage Networking, shared how critical network modernization is to the support of new all-flash storage systems Running all-flash storage without maximum network speed and throughput is like driving a high-performance automobile on low-end tires … Doing so will severely limit its ability to achieve its all-flash capabilities.
During the session, Mike Wing—along with James Rogan, EMC Director of Primary Storage Channel Sales, and Jack Rondoni—announced the winners of the #EMCModernDataCenter #Brocade contest, which challenged EMC Partners to create and submit a video showcasing their knowledge and understanding of EMC’s Modern Data Center pitch for a chance to win one of three cash prizes from sponsor Brocade.
Of the many creative and compelling video submissions, the following three stood out:
$2,500 3rd Place Winner: Walter Rival, Eastern Computer Exchange Inc.
$5,000 2nd Place Winner: Eric Marzock, CDW
$7,500 Grand Prize Winner: Chris Ashby, ATEA
(Just listen to the song the ATEA team created … Outstanding!)
In addition to the #EMCModernDataCenter #Brocade contest prizes, we kept the session excitement going with fantastic Partner giveaways, including, 4 Unity Kegerators, Beats by Dr. Dre wireless headphones, and Apple Watches.
What is the value to you, our EMC Partners?
It’s simple. The all-flash addressable market is HUGE.
- More than 500K customer systems are just waiting to be modernized—giving you a sizeable opportunity.
- EMC’s flash portfolio leaves NO GAPS, and can fits a customer’s use, requirement, and application needs—with the low- to mid-range Unity All-Flash family, the application-centric XtremIO, the massively scalable VMAX All Flash, or the unmatched application performance of DSSD D5.
Compete and win with the EMC All-Flash portfolio … And, grab your share of the $18 billion primary storage total addressable market:
- Learn how you can enable your customers journey to the Modern Data Center with the industry’s broadest all-flash portfolio
- Educate yourself on the unique features and benefits of the Unity product line, XtremIO, VMAX All Flash, and DSSD D5
- Increase your revenue potential with Global Channel Sales Programs and Partner Promotions