Launched in February 2017, we designed the Dell EMC Partner Program to encompass our entire partner ecosphere, including Global Alliance partners—Cloud Service Providers (CSP), Strategic Outsourcers (SO) and System Integrators (SI).
Partners within the CSP/SO and the SI tracks are eligible to receive proposal-based Business Development Funds (BDF). In addition, partners within the CSP/SO track are eligible to receive earned BDF and rebates. These lucrative incentives help our Global Alliance partners support and grow demand for their businesses through activities including marketing, sales enablement and solution development.
What’s new with BDF in fiscal year 2018 (FY’18)?
For FY’18, we’ve introduced a number of enhancements to BDF to help CSP, SO and SI partners maximize their opportunities within the Dell EMC Partner Program.
Some of these enhancements include:
- Earned BDF for the CSP/SO track—which enables these partners to accrue funds based on sales, not solely on a discretionary basis
- Rebates for CSP/SO track
- Our new, simplified BDF claim, as well as a reduction in the time to claim proposal-based BDF funds from 90 days to 45 days
- Simplified spend categories to help make it easier to classify activities
What is the difference between Earned and Proposal-Based BDF?
While both earned and proposal-based BDF are guided by spend policies, there are a number of differences between the two.
Let’s take a look at those.
Now, let’s consider differences for a CSP/SO partner across tiers in potential financial incentives from rebates and earned BDF.
As mentioned above, we have simplified spend categories into just six buckets, five of which are eligible for BOTH earned and proposal-based BDF and one of which is eligible for earned BDF.
- Awareness – Digital and print: brand/marketing related, merchandise
- Demand Generation – Digital & print: demand generation, customer and prospect seminars, Dell EMC hosted or sponsored events, event sponsorship at non-Dell EMC hosted events, multi-touch campaigns and telesales
- Enablement – Partner sales meetings, Dell EMC visits, partner facing seminars, Dell EMC led trainings, floor days, demos/solution center, business intelligence and recruitment events
- Solutions Development – Demo and lab hosting, demo equipment, enablement and marketing tools and project management
- Dell EMC World – sponsorship (50%, up to $50,000)
- Incentives and Head Count – (Earned BDF Only) Sales incentives (SPIFFs) and headcount/on-site vendor reps
Ready to learn more about your potential BDF opportunities as a CSP/SO or SI partner?
It’s easy to get started—simply connect with your Partner Marketing Manager and Dell EMC Sales Team. They are fully committed to helping you reach your goals.
Not yet a CSP, SO or SI who’s eligible for BDF? Contact us today and learn how, together, we can achieve the extraordinary.Tags: BDF, Cloud Service Provider, CSP, Partners, SI, Systems Integrators