From the main stage of the first-ever Dell EMC Global Partner Summit, John Byrne announced the new Dell EMC Partner Program and shared his vision for the Dell EMC Global Channel … And, in his words, it’s nothing short of extraordinary.
“… being extraordinary is all about you … It’s about true partnership—coming together as a team to achieve greatness.”
Marking an extraordinary moment for Dell EMC and our channel partners
The historic merger of Dell and EMC was indeed a significant milestone on the Dell and EMC journey. As Dell Technologies, we are a “$74 billion global powerhouse” and the largest privately held IT company in the world.
Global Partner Summit marks another important moment along this journey—for Dell EMC, and for our channel Partners.
Of Dell Technologies, Byrne stated, “Our purpose is to create technologies that drive human progress, and we’re committed to making a real difference.” And, making a real difference in the businesses of Dell EMC channel partners is paramount to the vision shared onstage.
“People are saying we are the dark-horse of the Channel … $35 billion and we are the dark-horse? You know what? They are RIGHT!”
Byrne spoke to Dell EMC’s low share of wallet … And to the every advantage we—and our channel partners—have to GO BIG and WIN BIG.
In fact, in channel partner growth, Dell EMC outpaces the market by three to four times.
We stand on the brink of a spectacular opportunity—during “an extraordinary moment in time.”
Announcing the Dell EMC Partner Program
Set to formally become effective in February 2017, the Dell EMC Partner Program was designed in collaboration with partners and combines the “best of legacy Dell and EMC partner programs into one extraordinary program.”
The Dell EMC Partner Program will encompass the entire Dell EMC partner ecosystem: Solution Providers, Cloud Service Providers, Global Alliances, OEM Solutions partners and distribution. In addition, this full ecosystem will include the “Powered by Dell EMC” brand program for those businesses that embed Dell EMC technologies into the marketplace.
“This is your program,” Byrne stated, citing partner feedback received during meetings held around the globe during our first six weeks as Dell EMC … Feedback on what partners need and want in order to be successful.
“We are building a WORLD-CLASS PARTNER PROGRAM that is based on YOUR voice … and OUR voice … As ONE TEAM.”
The key Dell EMC Partner Program is built on three key tenets: Simple, Predictable, Profitable®.
- Easy-to-understand tiers: Gold, Platinum and Titanium, as well as the exclusive, Titanium Black partner status for the highest performing partners
- One partner portal with single sign-on and one deal registration process
- Automated rebates
- Simplified training and MDF policies
- Clearly defined tier thresholds and distribution strategy, both of which will be announced in December
- Annual program requirements which will not change quarter to quarter Line of business incumbency for storage
- Enforced deal registration and clear rules of engagement
- Rewards for profitable behaviors focused on new business, services and selling the full portfolio
- Competitive MDF
“You are everything to us. You are the reason why the channel business exists … Together, as one team, we are primed to fight. Primed to win. Primed to be EXTRAORDINARY!”
- Read the full announcement: Extraordinary Dell EMC Channel Partner Program To Provide Transformational Business Value and Opportunity
- Stay connected: Subscribe here to the Partner Post Blog or download the Partner News app
- Join the #DellEMCWorld #GlobalPartnerSummit conversation: Follow @DellEMCPartners